Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid at PHSC must be completed each year. The Department of Education (DOE) makes the new FAFSA available after October 1. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. There is no fee to complete the FAFSA on the DOE web site or through the mobile app. Students and parents may download the myStudentAid app in both the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). Please refer to the "quick links" option at the top of this page for the Spanish language FAFSA link.
Student Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Enroll as a regular student and be degree or certificate seeking in an eligible program of study.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the college.
- Provide the PHSC Admission's Office with an official copy of the student's high school transcript or GED.
- Transfer student information is available by visiting the PHSC Catalog and Student Handbook.
- May only be funded for courses required for the current degree or certificate program. In addition, Federal Student Loan eligibility requires that students be enrolled at least half-time each semester in courses required by their program or certificate of study.
- Complete the FAFSA each year.
- Create a FSA ID to complete and sign the FAFSA. Parents of dependent students must create their own FSA ID in order to sign the FAFSA.
- Be certain to enter their correct Social Security number on the application.
- Add the PHSC school code 010652.
- Prior, Prior Year (PPY). Beginning with the 2017-2018 award year, student and their families will provide income and tax information from the tax year one year earlier than has been used in the past. Therefore, the 2021-2022 FAFSA will collect information from the 2019 tax year.
- More financial aid process information is available through the PHSC Catalog and Student Handbook.