Transient Student Process and Financial Aid

Students who are enrolled in one state college or university, but take a course at another state college or university are called transient students. If you are enrolled and/or degree seeking at a state college or university, you can request approval to take a course at another state college or university by completing and submitting an online Transient Student Admission Application.

Students who are admitted and degree seeking at PHSC (home school) and attending a "host" institution (state college or university other than PHSC) may be eligible to receive financial aid. Students requesting to received financial aid at PHSC while enrolled in courses at another state college or university must meet specific requirements.

Transient Student Requirements
  • PHSC students must complete the transient application at
  • The Financial Aid Office must determine the student's eligibility and send the appropriate information to the "host" institution.
  • In most cases, PHSC students must be enrolled in at least one course at PHSC during the semester in which they are requesting financial aid for the transient program.
  • Students must make payments for their tuition and fees directly to the "host" institution by the due date set by the "host" institution. PHSC does not make payment arrangements to the institution on behalf of the student for tuition and fees.
  • Students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours or more) at PHSC in order to be eligible for Federal Direct Loans while participating in the Transient Student Program. 
  • If there is an enrollment change after the student's financial aid has been disbursed, the student must notify the PHSC Financial Aid Office immediately. 
  • Return to Title IV policies apply to students that fail to attend their scheduled courses at their "host" institution.
  • Students are responsible to see that their transcript from the "host" institution is sent to PHSC when grades are posted at the completion of the semester. Future financial aid may be suspended until an official transcript is provided to PHSC.