Federal Work Study Program (FWSP)
The Federal Work Study Program (FWSP) is a part-time employment program for students who demonstrate federal financial aid need. Students are offered the opportunity to work on the college campus up to 20 hours per week. Students are paid hourly wages based on the current federal minimum wage and on a bi-weekly basis.
How to apply:
- Complete the FAFSA online or using the myStudentAid mobile app through the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android).
- Complete a request to work on campus application located in the Financial Aid Office.
- A student's financial aid file must be completed prior to awarding FWSP funds.
- Additional documents are to be completed upon being hired.
- Priority awarding begins March 15 and funds are limited, so be certain to apply early.
How eligibility is determined:
- Eligibility is based on financial need and is determined by a formula applied consistently to all applicants.
- FWSP is offered to students with demonstrated financial aid need.
- Students are required to be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours per semester and declared into a valid degree or eligible certificate program.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) must be met by all FWSP students.
How a student work schedule is determined:
- Students should contact the Financial Aid Office on their home campus if they are awarded FWSP.
- Students and their supervisor will establish a work schedule that is satisfactory to both parties.
- Students are expected to work their scheduled hours.
- To adjust the student's work hours, the student must notify the Financial Aid Office at their home campus and their supervisor
- Approval from the Dean of Financial Aid is required for students who wish to work more than 20 hours per week.
- Students must maintain a satisfactory standard of job performance.